Let The Light Shine In

Hiring the Pros for Window Cleaning is Totally Worth It


I don't know about you, but I find precariously balancing on a ladder to clean my windows to be a little nauseating and very exhausting. First, I am quite clumsy, so I end up paying very close attention to my footing and balance rather than making sure my exterior windows are actually clean. In fact, because I am out of my element (that being with both feet firmly planted on the ground), I end up drenched in window cleaner and water while large portions of my windows remain dirty and completely untouched. 

Ultimately, my discomfort in performing the task leads me to... well not clean my exterior windows ever. 

Although not everyone is dangerously clumsy or has a crippling fear of heights to give them a very good reason not to clean the exterior windows themselves, the truth is, many simply do not want to do it themselves. And that is actually okay because there are many professional janitorial service providers who are more than ready to free your windows from the dust, dirt, and grime currently reducing the natural light coming in through the windows. 

Go With a Pro or Do it Yourself? Consider these Factors Before You Decide

The Size and Height of Your Windows

My little story above isn't hyperbole. My windows are all on the second story, which means that I will always need a ladder to fully clean my windows. If your windows are not easy to reach from the ground or are very large, it will be safer and more effective to hire a pro. 

Budget Concerns

Personally, hiring a professional to clean the 3 windows in my house doesn't make much sense from a budgetary standpoint. However, if you are looking to hire someone to clean the windows at your business, it is important to understand how a professional will price the cleaning service. Many companies use estimating software to provide you an accurate quote based on the details of the cleaning job. If you are concerned about price, shop around a bit and get a few estimates to compare, as price does fluctuate depending on the cleaning company. 

Do You Have the Time?

Window cleaning, much like every other type of cleaning, takes time - a lot of time - especially if you are trying to do it alone. Professional window cleaners are usually much faster and more efficient at the task than the average person, which means you can have sparkling windows without giving up any of your precious time trying to do it alone.

Window Quality

Do you know how to handle common window issues? Do you know what those issues are? A good window cleaning professional can recognize these issues quickly and will know how to treat them to prevent further issues. Some of the most common window issues include: 
  1. Damage
  2. Rot
  3. Poorly fitted screens
  4. Functionality problems
  5. Panels Painted Shut
These issues can pose a safety hazard and will become more expensive to fix the longer they are left untreated. 

Window Types and the Tools for Them

A professional can inspect your windows to determine what type of window you have and what tool will work best for cleaning them. Some cleaning products and techniques can harm delicate windows, so if you don't know what you have or what to use, you should probably call in a pro. 

Insect Removal

How the hornets get inside
The Hornets
This was a mistake I made many years ago while living in an older home in the UK. One morning while attending to the call of nature, I opened the door to the bathroom to discover that I was not alone at all. Instead, I found the room had been invaded by an entire hive of very angry European hornets. Needless to say, I quickly shut the door and went to find the protective clothing and gear I would need to remove the nest from my bathroom. In this case, I tackled the problem wearing military grade PPE designed for chemical attacks, complete with gloves, facemask, hood, and masking tape covering all possible entry-points into the suit. It took hours (and if you've never worn one of these suits, I will tell you - it gets very hot inside!) to remove the insects from their new home that had started inside the damaged windowsill of the very small window to the bathroom. 

Getting Ready to Fight the Insect Infestation
Almost Ready to Tackle the Hornets
Now, I am pretty sure that not everyone has military grade personal protective equipment to battle a stinging insect invasion. However, a professional window cleaner can remove the nest and insects without causing further damage. Just make sure to let them know you suspect an insect infestation when you call, so they know what equipment to bring along. 

Bottom Line

Don't neglect your windows. Although you can tackle this task yourself, a pro will make sure it is done correctly and safely. They will also be able to identify issues before they become major problems, which will save you money on more extensive repairs later on. So do yourself and your office building a favor - Hire a professional window cleaning service. 






Comments